The RE420 is a premium-grade, high-performance, condenser cardioid vocal microphone. Designed to reveal the exceptional detail and vivid clarity synonymous with condenser elements, it skillfully delivers the lyrical finesse required for expressive vocal performances.
The sonic signature is rich, detailed and full-bodied with a warm and clear low end, natural and present mid-range and an open, crisp and detailed high end. The cardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation.
Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor is positioned 180° off-axis to the element. This pattern also allows for a comfortable working range around the microphone making expressive microphone techniques easy.
The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers of dense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and wind-blasts. The high-pass filter has two positions. The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz.
The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
- Weight Net: 11.5 oz (326 g)
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Materials: Zinc die cast, steel wire cloth grille
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Element: Self-biased condenser
- Finish: Black polyurethane paint
- Mic Type: Handheld
- Open Circuit Voltage: 5.6 mV/Pascal (-45 dBV/Pa)
- Clipping (max SPL): 149 dB SPL (1% THD)
- Self noise: 22 dB SPL "A" weighed (0 dB=20 ?Pa)
- Dynamic range: 127 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 72 dB
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Power Requirement: 48 VDC phantom power
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3