The Behringer TRUTH B1030A Reference Monitor speaks nothing but the truth. When it comes to your studio recordings, you want honesty. In fact, considering how important your art is, you should demand it! The TRUTH B1020A monitor also sounds great hooked up to your stereo or to your video surround system even though they were really built with studios in mind‚Äîwhere every note you play or sing is under the microscope.
Built on the Behringer Legacy
Behringer's TRUTH B2030A and B2031A monitors offer the neutral sound of a true reference monitor. Ask any recording engineer and they will tell you that listening to a recording on just a single set of monitors doesn't always paint an accurate picture of the mix. Since people listen to music at home, in their cars, on MP3 players, etc., it is critical your final mix be heard on as many sizes and types of speakers as possible. That's the reason Behringer created these smaller B1030A monitors, plus they make ideal rear-channel speakers for surround sound applications.
Years of Behringer R'n'D
For the past 2 years Behringer's research and development team has been on a mission to create the "perfect" studio monitor. They tried a variety of transducers and enclosure designs, along with existing and emerging technologies. When all the dust settled, they chose to deploy an ultrahigh resolution 1" dome tweeter and a long-throw 5.25" Kevlar-coned woofer in the B1030A.
Kevlar has an incredible strength-to-weight ratio‚Äîthat's one reason it's used in bulletproof vests. Kevlar gives the LF transducer the strength to handle the extremely high energy levels required for distortion-free, chest-pounding bass. And since they have such low mass, Kevlar speaker cones also respond much more quickly than those made of paper, important for not only maintaining bass content integrity, but critical for midrange accuracy and definition. Behringer's Kevlar transducers reproduce even the subtlest nuance of the low-frequency realm without muddying the midrange.
Power to the People
It takes quite a bit more than just a "bulletproof" woofer and a high-tech tweeter stuck inside a fancy box to make a studio monitor of this class. It also takes power‚Äîand lots of it! But even more importantly, that power has to be matched to the individual high- and low-frequency transducers. Behringer builds every single component from the ground up. They packed 75 watts of biamped technology (including a time- and phase-corrected active crossover) into every B1030A, ensuring that you have the power reserves you'll need to drive them really hard.
Designed to Work in Your Environment
The ideal environment for listening is a room that is "flat," neither too reflective (echoes) nor too absorptive (where the sound is muffled). But since all rooms are not the same acoustically, all TRUTH monitors come equipped to function in a wide variety of situations. Switches are provided to adapt the monitor's low- and high-frequency characteristics for optimal performance specific to your listening environment.
Placement is also critical. Ideally, all loudspeakers should be placed away from walls to ensure proper bass response. But fear not, B1030A monitors feature Room Compensation switches so you can place them against walls, or even in corners. Walls tend to enhance low frequency content, and corners exaggerate bass even more, but your TRUTH monitor can be custom-tailored to provide honest bass response for your situation, with the simple flick of a switch or two.
- Ultralinear studio monitor with true active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with active protection circuits: 50W for LF/25W for HF
- Ultrahigh resolution, ferrofluid-cooled 1" dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 5.25" woofer with deformation-resistant Kevlar cone for ultimate bass response
- Ultimate dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to advanced wave guide technology
- High-precision crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions
- Separately controlled limiter for low- and high-frequency overload protection
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- "Planet Earth" power supply for maximum flexibility (100 “ 240V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, 1/4" and unbalanced RCA connectors