Building on the tradition of warm and punchy analogue-style synth sounds, conceived by legendary synthesisers from the past, COBALT8 unlocks the full creative potential of analogue waveforms. This powerful, inspiring instrument reinvents the aesthetics of analogue sounds and invites musicians, producers and sound designers to explore a new era of virtual-analogue synthesiser textures, far beyond the limits of its analogue forefathers.
On top of the innovative oscillator engine of COBALT8, we added a new morphable 4-Pole Ladder Filter. Combined with Modal’s unparalleled modulation options, an inspiring real-time / step sequencer, the energising arpeggiator, the Premium FATAR 37-note keyboard, MPE, studio-quality effects and MODALapp integration, COBALT8 is the perfect synth for everyone who wants a versatile electronic music instrument to play vintage synth sounds and is eager to enter new sound dimensions.
Eight true polyphonic voices tempt players to lay out wide string or rich synth pad chords, while a monophonic bass or lead patch, played with 64 oscillators can shake the walls of every stadium. And with the avant-garde sound forming features, every synth enthusiast can refine his performance with sounds that no other synthesiser is able to generate.
Play rich analogue-style sounds driven by COBALT8’s Extended Virtual-Analogue Synthesis, combining traditional technology with modern synth features
Create your own signature sounds by harnessing the power of COBALT8’s unique waveform architecture with 34 complex sophisticated algorithms and Modal’s morphable 4-pole Ladder Filter
Bring performance to a new level with MPE support, the integrated 512-note Realtime/Step Sequencer, 32-step programmable Arpeggiator and powerful Animation Lanes
Express yourself with the class-leading 37-note key bed with aftertouch, built into a road-ready aluminium enclosure
Integrate COBALT8 into your production and live performances with the full-size MIDI connections and the 3.5mm Sync Ins and Outs
Access all synthesiser functions and update COBALT8 via the free MODALapp, available on macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android and AU/VST3
- Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
- 64 high-resolution virtual-analogue oscillators, up to 8 per voice
- Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms, 34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in crossmodulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise.
- Extended Oscillator Drift
- 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations
- Resonance and Balanced Filter Modes
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs
- Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes
- Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Polyphonic Step Sequencer with 64 steps, 8 notes per step, 4 lanes of Parameter-Lock style animation, Step Input mode, multiple playback modes including gate modes and rest function
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
Controls and Performance
- Premium FATAR 37-key Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 29 endless encoders, 24 buttons
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Chord Invert control to easily create chord inversions and variations
Inputs and Outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TS dual-mono line outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TRS headphone output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8″ TRS stereo audio input
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5 mm / 1/8″ TS Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class compliant MIDI over USB connection
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TRS expression pedal input
- 6.35 mm / 1/4″ TS sustain pedal input
Enclosure and Display
- Road-ready steel and aluminium enclosure with economical stained bamboo end cheeks
- 1.54-inch large OLED display
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 555 x 300 x 100 mm / 21.9″ x 11.8″ x 4″
- Weight: 5.60 kg / 12.4 lbs
1 Year Warranty
Shipping & Delivery
All orders over $50 will be automatically eligible for FREE Shipping Australia Wide, if you order is under $50 there will be a flat rate of $7.
Belfield Music is well known for its top online customer service. We treat all online customers with the same excellent service we give to our in store customer. We will ensure that you receive all the support you need while your goods are in transit and ensure the goods arrive promptly. All of our shipments have tracking numbers available and we cover every single unit by our own shipping insurance.
Online orders are normally processed within 1-3 business days. Once processed, your order should take between 1-8 business days to arrive depending on your location. Please note that your order may take up to 10 business days to arrive from the day you place your order.
If it transpires that the product is out of stock due to a stock discrepancy and/or there will be a delay in shipment, we will contact you within 2 business days of placing your order and give you the option of waiting or cancelling your order. The products we advertise online should show if they are in stock or not. We do our best to keep the website stock count up to date, but there may be an occasional error.
If you wish to utilize an Express Delivery Service to receive your item, please contact us for a shipping quote before you place your order at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Chat icon on the bottom right of the page.
Deliver is made during the hours from 8:00am till 5:30pm Monday to Friday. As such, please ensure you nominate an address which is capable of receiving goods during 8am and 5.30pm. Given the restrictions on PO Box deliveries we cannot deliver larger sized items to a PO Box.
If for any reason our selected carriers don't service your area we will contact you before processing your order if this applys to you.
If you wish to return an item which is not damaged or faulty in any way and you have simply changed your mind or made the wrong decision, you must let us know within 7 days of receiving the item. We will not agree to refund an item because you simply changed your mind or made the wrong decision if we have not been advised of your intention within 7 days of receiving your item. Once we have provided a return authority, it is the buyer’s responsibility to return the item, at their own costs within 30 days from original purchase. If the item is returned with any damage or alteration to its original packaging, we will refund the item subject to applying a minimum 15% restocking fee. We will not refund the costs of the initial shipping charges.
It is in Belfield Music best interests to keep our customers happy with their purchases. If you are not happy with your purchase, please talk to us first. We will always attempt to resolve any problems you may have as best we can. To contact us please email us at email@example.com or by using the Chat icon on the bottom right of the page.