- Mahogany Body with AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Probucker Pickups
- Rosewood fretboard
- 24.75" Scale set-in mahogany neck
Epiphone's history and association with Les Paul dates way back to the days when Les, working at the Epiphone factory on 14th St. in New York, created the world's first electric guitar. Over the years, Les continued to work closely with Epiphone by reviewing new product ideas and offering suggestions. The Epiphone Les Paul PlusTop PRO electric guitar combines the best of Les Paul's original design with new features that set this Epiphone guitar apart. The Les Paul PlusTop PRO uses Epiphone's 4-wire, nickel/silver base humbuckers with newly tooled, USA-style bobbins. In the neck position is Epiphone's chrome-covered ProBucker-2 with warm, thick vintage tone. It's uniquely paired with a chrome-covered ProBucker-3 humbucker, an inspired by version of Gibson's BurstBucker-3, that features unevenly wound coils and Alnico-II magnets that replicate that "Patent Applied for" airy tone. To top it all off, both volume controls feature push/pull potentiometers allowing you to coil-split each pickup for single-coil sounds. Combined with the 3-way toggle, you get 6 unique sounds from one great Les Paul guitar.The Epiphone Les Paul PlusTop PRO guitar has a solid mahogany back with a gorgeous, carved flame top. Its solid mahogany neck is hand-fitted and glued into the body for excellent neck-to-body contact and resonates almost like one continuous piece of wood.Other features on the Epiphone Les Paul included quality Grover tuners, a traditional cream-colored pickguard, and LockTone tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece.
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top Material AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint Glued In
- Truss Rod Adjustable
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood with pearloid Trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup Epiphone ProBucker-2™ ; 4-wire
- Bridge Pickup Epiphone ProBucker-3™ ; 4-wire
- Controls Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping Neck Pickup Tone Bridge Pickup Tone
- Binding Body Top - 1 ply (Cream)
- Fingerboard - 1 ply (Cream)
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Frets 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width 1-11/16"
- Hardware Nickel
- Machine Heads Grover™ Tuners; 14:1 ratio